Open the door to an affordable new home
At Torus Homes we understand that buying a new home is one of the biggest decisions you make in life.
With affordable purchase options, plus developments across the region, we’re here to help make your dream a reality.
A number of our developments may be available through a Help to Buy equity loan scheme.*
What is Help to Buy?
- Help to Buy is where you part buy/part loan the cost of your home making it much more affordable
- You lend up to 20% of the cost of your new home from the Government
What are the benefits?
- You only need a 5% deposit and a 75% mortgage
- The loan is interest free for the first 5 years
- The loan can be repaid at any time or on the sale of your home
*Help to Buy is available to eligible purchasers, criteria apply. Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on a mortgage or other debt secured on it.
To find out more about Shared Ownership contact us.
Save for your first home with Rent to Buy and discover homes in our latest developments now*
What is Rent to Buy?
- Rent to Buy is a government backed initiative that allows eligible working people to rent a newly built home at 20% less than market rent whilst they save for a deposit to buy
- 5 years after the property was built, you can apply to purchase the property. If during the initial 5 year period you request to purchase the property, we can only sell it on a Shared Ownership basis.
Who is Eligible
- You must be in employment, be able to pay a deposit up front and prove that you will be able to afford the monthly rent payments
- You will need to complete our application form, provide supporting information and satisfy any landlord reference and credit checks and have the Right to Rent a home in the UK.
- Be a first time buyer or returning to the market (eg after a relationship breakdown)
What are the benefits?
- Reduced rent enabling you to save for a deposit
- Rent to Buy applies to new build properties, so you can get the home of your dreams, quicker than you thought!
*Rent to Buy is available to eligible applicants and specific criteria apply. Your tenancy will be a risk if you do not keep up payments of rent.
To find out more about Rent to Buy and available properties please contact us.